Sunday, October 2, 2011

MIND, BODY, SOUL, AND, OF COURSE, SURFING


I have known of Laird Hamilton for many years.  Recently I read a book about his perspective on life that gave me a new found respect for the guy.  Laird is one of the best big wave surfers and definitely the greatest waterman of our time.  Many know him as husband of model/volleyball player Gabrielle Reece, but to me he is a physical and mental freak of nature who has mastered a mind over mater lifestyle.
In this book, Laird Hamilton: Force of Nature, he writes about overcoming fear, negativity, cultivating instincts, clean eating, goal setting and living your life to the fullest, just to name a few.  I highly recommend this inspirational book.


1 comment:

  1. OOOHHH, I will have to check it out. Mind over Mater is how I like to live.

    ReplyDelete