Thursday, September 22, 2011

Creative Juices

My creative juices have been flowin' lately.  I've been searching high and low for a decently priced headboard for the longest time.  I am torn between buying an expensive one that I will force myself to keep for a long time and a less expensive one that I can replace a few years down the road when I decide to redecorate.  I was watching the Nate Berkus Show this am and was impressed with how much furniture he decorates/makes on his own.  It made me realize that I could just MAKE our headboard.  It will be a fraction of the price and I can just replace the fabric when I get bored with the pattern instead of feeling guilty that I want to buy an expensive new one every so often.

So, I will be using this tutorial and still need to narrow down the pattern I want.  Here are a few that I think I like so far.

Fabric stores and Home Depot, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished result! Let us know how it turns out! I've been meaning bring some life to my old drab headboard

    ReplyDelete