Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DIY: Nursery Rocker

I recently bought an old rocking chair from a thrift store and gave it a simple face lift before I put it in the babies room.  I was really torn between buying an expensive rocker/glider or making a little work for myself in finding something at a thrift store that I could fix up.  I went with the thrift store option and luckily I found a rocking chair that needed very little TLC, just a little sandpaper and some spray paint.  I'm so glad I did this because it was so cheap ($50 for rocker and $10 for 2 cans of paint... already had a sander) and I feel like I added more of a personal touch to the room.  It feels like time is flying by so fast and this baby will be here so soon.  I'm glad I pretty much have the nursery done so I don't have to worry about it last minute.  I still have some finishing touches to do after baby is born for gender specific decorations and my brother, Conlan, is making me a bookshelf!  Although, I should probably double check on that with him...college students aren't so trustworthy :)


So far.  Should have probably moved the tub mat from under the crib before I took this...oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, get that Tub Mat out of there!! LOL :-P
    Looks almost brand new! You could sell those also! I'll take one!

    ReplyDelete