Monday, March 21, 2011

Taco Bar, Sneak Peek, and Catholics vs. Catholics

We ended our weekend with family and a delicious taco dinner.  I had a few extra mouths to feed for Sunday dinner so I thought it would be easiest to make tacos.  My mom makes the best Mexican food so I try to master her creations to remind me of being home.  Plus, I like to think Conlan and Margaret enjoy when I bring some of Mom's cooking to the East Coast.  I set up a little Taco Bar in the kitchen for everyone to help themselves.  


Conlan and his girlfriend Taylor are on Spring Break this week so they spent the weekend with us.  I love when they are here.  Taylor and I usually find some way to entertain ourselves while the boys sit on the couch and do whatever it is they do.  All we were missing was Margaret!...And of course the other West Coasters :)


I was so tired Sunday because I was constantly on the go all weekend.  Saturday was especially tiring because I spent all day walking the streets of Boston taking pictures.  My two friends from Germany, who are only here for a few months longer, wanted some pictures taken of them around the city that they could take home to show family and friends and to remember their time spent here.  It was a lot of fun and made me realize how beautiful Boston is.  Below are a few pictures I took.  I can't wait to finish editing the rest.  Hopefully they will be up by the weekend.





So much fun!

Last but not least, the MERRIMACK HOCKEY team has made it to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1988.  So amazing!  I am so excited for the team and for the school.  They will be playing NOTRE DAME this Saturday at 7:30 in Manchester, NH.  I'm so bummed I won't me able to make it, but I will be watching from my computer at espn3.com.  GO WARRIORS!





2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are amazing… I've always admired those that can capture special moments. What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I've been meaning to comment on how much I love your blog. The food looks so delicious and I'm a little hesitant to show my husband because I'm sure he'll expect me to start cooking as much as you :) I use a Nikon d3000 right now but am hoping to get the d7000 soon. I think the 3000 is great to start out on and learn the basics.

    ReplyDelete