Thursday, April 7, 2011

Enchiladas for you, Ms. Kane

My friend requested my enchilada recipe the other day and I was already planning on making them today, so I thought I'd take a few pictures to put with the recipe.

What you will need:
-a 13"x9" glass dish
-1lb chicken breast
-1 can green or red enchilada sauce (I like green the best)
-8 medium flour tortillas
-salsa
-2 packages of mexican cheese mix

Preheat oven to 325

1.  Boil chicken for about 20 min. in water
2.  After chicken is cooled shred it apart and mix in a few spoon fulls of salsa
3.  Poor about half the can of enchilada sauce evenly on the bottom of your glass dish
4.  Place tortilla in dish and add a handful of chicken and a handful of cheese then roll into a burrito shape.  Repeat as many times as it takes to fill the dish
5.  Pour the rest of the sauce over the rolled enchiladas and sprinkle a good amount of cheese on top of that

Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes.  Sometimes I broil for 4 minutes after that to make the cheese a little crunchy.



I hope that helps.

P.S. I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the delicious and heart-felt post Mrs. Bailey :)

    Miss you too!!

    ReplyDelete